Career opportunities at CSL
We’re always looking for experienced and professionally presented people who are motivated, organised and keen to advance.
Industry Sales Manager – Automation & Industrial
- Well established NZ owned electrical products company
- Senior Management Role – provide leadership, sales coaching, drive revenue & growth
- Large, experienced, and well trained sales team
Have you proven experience in automation reliant industries with a natural ability to grow and motivate a top performing sales team?
Cuthbert Stewart Ltd is a highly successful and market leading NZ owned business involved in the distribution of a wide range of specialist electrical products, representing some of the world’s leading electrical brands.
They provide their customers with some of the best-loved brands in the electrical industry including Siemens, Weidmuller, Fluke and Crouse-Hinds, all supported by an engineering design service, technical product support & general sales assistance.
The business is continuing to grow and respond to market demands with innovative solutions, new technology, and a winning culture.
This newly created role will support strategic business partnerships with key supply partners including one of the world’s largest automation brands.
The role will lead a ‘Direct to Industry’ focused sales team and work closely alongside them as a subject matter expert in the field.
In addition to developing and up-skilling your sales team you will be expected to develop highly successful sales strategies in collaboration with other senior managers, translate strategies into effective action plans and prepare and deliver highly polished sales or product presentations to industry groups as well as individual clients.
Also important will be the continuation of the consultative selling practices that our SalesStar partner has been helping us instill in the team and continuing to build upon this work through focused sales management and coaching.
The successful applicant will be a commercially effective change agent, championing new approaches to familiar challenges in industry. You’ll enjoy working with people at all levels every day from the executive managers to field staff.
The person we seek will consistently identify and grasp market opportunities to significantly increase sales volumes and expand the market footprint.
You’ll be an engaging, down to earth, respectful and sincere person who engages with your team to coach, motivate, and lead them in a positive manner.
Above all you will be able to demonstrate a proven ability to deliver big results through collaboration with the wider business.
Skills and Experience Required
- Successful previous experience in a senior sales and general management role, consistently meeting or exceeding targets
- Industry specific experience in the automation or associated fields would be desirable
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from the presentation of the initial proposal plan to the turn key delivery
- Demonstrated ability to identify and implement strategies for client services, internal systems, process and development of people
- A degree in business administration or a related field is helpful but not essential
- Strong business sense and industry expertise
- Excellent mentoring, coaching and people management skills
Remuneration is negotiable and will be commensurate with skills and experience.
To be eligible for this position you must currently reside in NZ and have a legal right to work permanently in this country.
If you would like to apply for this role in strict confidence, please click on the ‘Apply Now’ button below.