Stainless steel enclosures for use within hazardous areas
The enclosures are available in twelve sizes and three standard depths. They consist of 1.4404 (316L) stainless steel and meet the requirements of the IP66 and IP67 protection classes. The enclosures are tested with this equipment to the latest international standards, including EN 62208 and EN 60079.
- Temperature and sealing characteristics – The enclosures come standard with a silicone seal for use under extreme temperatures.
- Safe protection – An integrated dust and moisture channel prevents dirt and moisture from penetrating when the enclosure is opened. The external earthing stud is equipped with an IP66/67 certified sealing mechanism and is protected against twisting.
- Versatile installation options – Mounting bolts are located within the enclosure for installing rails and mounting plates. Welded-on mounting feet provide for a fast, secure and stable wall mounting.
- Klippon® cable glands – Our complete series of IP66 and IP68 cable glands and accessories are an excellent compliment to the Klippon® TB enclosure series. Cable glands enable the connection of armoured and unarmoured cables from M20 to M75.
- Safety and stability – A padlock prevents unauthorized access to the enclosure. Welded on inner thread sockets provide a stable attachment mechanism for gland plates and protect against leaks.
- Easy installation – The enclosures are delivered with up to four gland plates so that cable glands can be easily and quickly installed and attached.
- Approvals -The Klippon® TB range of enclosures has been awarded international approvals.
- The enclosures are designed for use in a variety of applications and for use in hazardous areas in particular. Typical applications include the process industry, the petrochemicals and power generation. All enclosures are tested and approved in compliance with the latest international standards, including ATEX and IECEx according to EN60079.
- Weidmüller’s “Customer specific solutions” service provides comprehensive consultation, engineering and installation for modified enclosures. The enclosures can be modified during the production process according to customer demands and completed with various accessory components. There is a wide range of customer specific options available, such as enclosures with predrilled holes and cutouts, various surfaces and materials, locking options and alternative sizes.
- Holders for documents and rating labels, door retainers, rain shields and many more accessories can also be installed on the enclosures per customer request.