The MP8000 is an advanced motor protection electronic overload relay that is fully programmable via Bluetooth* using an iPhone* or Android* smartphone or tablet with the Littelfuse App. It is easy to use and arc-flash safety is increased because the app allows settings to be modified and real-time operational information viewed. Viewing operational information and faults on the app does not require the user to open the control panel. The MP8000 protects any motor drawing 0.5-1,000 full load Amps (external CTs are required above 100 Amperes). It is designed for single or 3-phase systems with operating voltages of 90-690 VAC (use of external potential transformers can extend upper voltage range above 690 VAC). Common applications include conveyor systems, HVAC equipment, saws and grinders, fan motors, and almost any pumping application.
Protection is unsurpassed by combining overload, voltage, phase loss and reversal, voltage and current imbalance, power monitoring, and underload in one package. For standalone applications, the Bluetooth* interface can be used when paired with a smartphone or tablet. The units also feature an Ethernet communications port that can be used to form an Ethernet Modbus TCP/IP or Ethernet/IP network. Units can be remotely monitored and controlled from a PC, or SCADA system, and data logging through a PC with the optional MP8000 software or other software program using the MP8000 memory map. This capability allows for a simple cost-effective way to further enhance arc-flash safety.
*Bluetooth, iPhone and Android are registered trademarks of their respective owners.
- Bluetooth Interface: Visual indication for programming, viewing real-time voltage or current, and last fault information (date and time stamped)
- Programmable voltage and current settings: Allows usage on wide range of systems
- 3 selectable restart options: Choose from automatic, semi-automatic, or manual to best meet individual application needs
- 4 programmable delay timers: Program separate delay times for power up, rapid cycle protection, motor cool down, and underload restarting
- Flexible reset: Reset can be done through pushbutton on panel, remotely via the network
- Network communications capability: Compatible with Ethernet Modbus TCP/IP and Ethernet/IP